Isn't it about time you made your own electronic watch!?
Make a statement with this neat looking DIY, Arduino compatible watch that fits everyone's wrist. The watch is equipped with 24 amber coloured LEDs that are bright enough to be clearly visible in broad daylight!
The most difficult SMD components are pre-soldered but the rest of the soldering fun is up to you.
The watch is Arduino based and pre-programmed with an addictive reflex game and of course with a basic time view. These functions are triggered by pressing the single multipurpose button and is displayed by using the LEDs. Then again, you can easily re-program it to your liking by using the custom cradle (K1201) or a USB to UART module.
Don't worry about the programming difficulty because you can base your own code on the open-source Arduino library. So feel free to experiment with different time views or invent your own game!
The watch comes with a stylish black fabric woven wrist band and closes by means of a silver coloured buckle. Also, the watch only has a diameter of 35 mm and a height of 9.6 mm so it's ideal for both large and small wrists!
If you do not become overly addicted to the reflex game, the battery should last around 2 years. But remember, time flies when you're having fun!
* Arduino based
* 24 amber coloured LEDs that are bright enough to be visible in broad daylight
* single multipurpose button
* black wristband included
* pre-programmed reflex game and time view
* easily re-programmable (by using the K1201: PROGRAMMING CRADLE FOR VELLEMAN WATCH or a USB to UART module)
* Arduino library available
* CPU: ATMega328p
* RTC: PCF8523TS
* stand-by current consumption: 2 µA
* battery: CR2032 (not incl.)
* battery life: 2 years (normal use)
* diameter: 35 mm
* wrist band width: 18 mm
* wrist band material: synthetic black fabric
* wrist band closing: steel buckle
* height: 9.6 mm