FT232RL SSOP-28 USB UART IC
1 i lager
USB UART IC
The FT232R is a USB to serial UART interface with optional clock generator output, and the new FTDIChip-ID security dongle feature. In addition, asynchronous and synchronous bit bang interface modes are available.
* Single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface.
* Entire USB protocol handled on the chip – No USB-specifc frmware programming required.
* UART interface support for 7 or 8 data bits, 1 or 2 stop bits and odd / even / mark / space / no parity.
* Fully assisted hardware or X-On / X-Off software handshaking.
* Data transfer rates from 300 baud to 3 Megabaud (RS422 / RS485 and at TTL levels) and 300 baud to 1 Megabaud (RS232).
* 256 byte receive buffer and 128 byte transmit buffer utilising buffer smoothing technology to allow for high data throughput.
* FTDIs royalty-free VCP and D2XX drivers eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases.
* In-built support for event characters and line break condition.
* New USB FTDIChip-ID feature.
* New confgurable CBUS I/O pins.
* Auto transmit buffer control for RS485 applications.
* Transmit and receive LED drive signals.
* New 48MHz, 24MHz,12MHz, and 6MHz clock output signal Options for driving external MCU or FPGA.
* FIFO receive and transmit buffers for high data throughput.
* Adjustable receive buffer timeout.
* Synchronous and asynchronous bit bang mode interface options with RD# and WR# strobes.
* New CBUS bit bang mode option.
* Integrated 1024 Bit internal EEPROM for storing USB VID, PID, serial number and product description strings, and CBUS I/O confguration.
* Device supplied preprogrammed with unique USB serial number.
* Support for USB suspend and resume.
* Support for bus powered, self powered, and highpower bus powered USB confgurations.
* Integrated 3.3V level converter for USB I/O .
* Integrated level converter on UART and CBUS for interfacing to 5V – 1.8V Logic.
* True 5V / 3.3V / 2.8V / 1.8V CMOS drive output and TTL input.
* High I/O pin output drive option.
* Integrated USB resistors.
* Integrated power-on-reset circuit.
* Fully integrated clock – no external crystal, oscillator, or resonator required.
* Fully integrated AVCC supply fltering – No separate AVCC pin and no external R-C filter required.
* UART signal inversion option.
* USB bulk transfer mode.
* 3.3V to 5.25V Single Supply Operation.
* Low operating and USB suspend current.
* Low USB bandwidth consumption.
* UHCI / OHCI / EHCI host controller compatible
* USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
* -40C to 85C extended operating temperature range.
* USB to RS232 / RS422 / RS485 Converters
* Upgrading Legacy Peripherals to USB
* Cellular and Cordless Phone USB data transfer cables and interfaces
* Interfacing MCU / PLD / FPGA based designs to USB
* USB Audio and Low Bandwidth Video data transfer
* PDA to USB data transfer
* USB Smart Card Readers
* USB Instrumentation
* USB Industrial Control
* USB MP3 Player Interface
* USB FLASH Card Reader / Writers
* Set Top Box PC – USB interface
* USB Digital Camera Interface
* USB Hardware Modems
* USB Wireless Modems
* USB Bar Code Readers
* USB Software / Hardware Encryption Dongles