The Motor Control Shield adds powerful motor control to the Arduino projects. The shield can be controlled with the general logic IO-Ports of a microcontroller. On board of the Motor Control Shield are two BTN8982TA NovalithIC. Each is featuring one P-channel high side MOSFET and one N-channel low side MOSFET with an integrated driver IC in one package. Due to the Pchannel high side switch a charge pump is not needed. The BTN8982TA half-bridge is easy to control by applying logic level signals to the IN and INH pin. When applying a PWM to the IN pin the current provided to the motor can be controlled with the duty cycle of the PWM. With an external resistor connected between the SR pin and GND the slew rate of the power switches can be adjusted.
* Brushed DC Motor Control up to 250 W continuous load
* 8 – 18V nominal input voltage (max. 6 – 40V)
* Average motor current 30A restricted due to the limited power dissipation of the PCB (BTN8982TA current limitation @ 55A min.)
* Drives either one brushed bi-directional DC motor or two uni-directional DC motors.
* Capable of high frequency PWM, e.g. 30 kHz
* Adjustable slew rates for optimized EMI by changing external resistor
* Driver circuit with logic level inputs
* Status flag diagnosis with current sense capability
* Protection e.g. against overtemperature and overcurrent
* Reverse polarity protection with IPD90P04P4L